Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by Universal Kitchen Doors. Where these terms and conditions use terms such as "we", "us" and "our" they refer to Universal Kitchen Doors.
3. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. You can view the most current version of these terms and conditions at any time by visiting this website page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by posting updates on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page on each visit to your website, read these terms and conditions and ensure you understand them before making a purchase.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
6. Any content that you enter onto this website may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and may involve changes in order to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for commercial gain, or otherwise, any portion of any of the content on the website or any other part of the service that we offer on this website.
8. Headings and titles used on this website are done so for convenience only. They do not constitute any part of the terms and conditions and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms herein.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
9. Our website offers a range of products and or services for sale. Where we refer to an 'item' we are referring to a single product or service available for purchase on this website.
10. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
11. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
12. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
13. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
14. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR SERVICE AND PRICING
15. Prices for items are subject to change without notice.
16. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or discontinue any part of the service that we offer, or any part of content thereof, without any notice to you.
17. We accept no liability to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
18. During checkout, you may be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
19. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday.
20. Where you have ordered a personalised, perishable or time critical item (such as food, newspapers, event tickets or e-vouchers) you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
21. This policy does not apply to goods ordered by businesses which are exempt from the Distance Selling Regulations, or the following goods which are exempt from the right to cancel. Any items which have been custom made, such as doors made from our Made to Order range, colours/styles outside of the options listed on our website, or any door which you have asked us to drill for hinge holes. For Trade and Business customers.
22. You can cancel your contract at any time up to 14 days after the day of delivery. To do this, please e-mail, or write to us. We are unable to accept cancellations by phone.
22.1 You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
22.2 If you cancel, you must return the goods within 14 days of cancellation, complete with the original packaging to us and/or our supplier (or any other UK address specified by us), at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
22.3 You may properly examine the goods for 14 days as you would do had you visited our showroom, however you may not return any goods that have been installed unless they are faulty. For exempt goods please see point
22.4 We will refund all monies paid to us by you including any postage/carriage within 30 days, less any costs due under this contract.
22.5 We reserve the right not to replace any item that has been fitted, as we will deem this acceptance of the goods.
22.6 We will not be held liable for fitters fees or any other professional tradesperson fees due to late, damaged or lost deliveries.
22.7 We are not liable for any loss earnings due to late, incorrect or lost deliveries.
22.8 We reserve the right to refuse replacements on any damaged items reported to us outside of two working days. . This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
23. We shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
24. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on-demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
27. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
28. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure nor liable for any loss that you incur, howsoever caused.